- Created on Monday, 20 July 2015 05:35
- Category: Sports
Pakistan has won the third ODI match against Sri Lanka by 135 runs. Previously, the match was halted briefly after a projectile hit a Pakistani fielder in the ground in Colombo stadium on Sunday.
Pakistan had brought Sri Lanka down to 158-7 in 33.3 overs when the match was stopped due to a fight between the spectators. According to the visuals, a fight broke out in the stands between two groups who threw stones and bottles on each other. Pakistan team first resorted in the middle of the ground but then they were escorted to their dressing room by armed guards.
Later, the teams were brought out to finish the match with only the south-east stand emptied where the riot actually broke out. Earlier, an all-round batting performance from Pakistan batsmen helped the team set a 317-run target for Sri Lanka in the third ODI at Premadasa stadium, Colombo on Sunday.
Captain Azhar Ali won the toss and elected to bat first in a match where they brought in Imad Wasim in place of Babar Azam to fill in for Muhammad Hafeez who has been banned from bowling in international cricket for one year. After a steady 93-run start, Ahmed Shehzad was dismissed by Lasith Malinga as he was caught at short midwicket on 44 runs.
Courtsy- Daily Pakistan
- Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in third ODI by 135 runs
- Maria Sharapova meets arch rival Serena Williams in Wimbledon 2015 semi final show down---confident to break the 11 year hoodoo
- Rafael Nadal doubts Wimbledon future after Dustin Brown defeat
- Sangakkara likely to retire after first Test against India
- Women's World Cup: Hope Solo's 'freaking huge' performance
Lend your hand for worthy cause Please donate to Lanka News Web